1. All items are subject to prior sale.
2. All items are guaranteed as described.
3. Refunds are limited to the original price paid.
4. Any item ordered through our website, catalogue or other means may be returned, subject to our being informed of this intention within 7 working days of receipt if unsatisfactory.
5. All items remain the property of Henry Bemis Books until fully paid for.
6. All packages will be shipped via UPS, normal postal services or any professional carrier named by the customer or deemed suitable by us.
7. We accept payment by cash, money order, Facebook Messenger transfer, PayPal, wire transfer or any other agreed means. Checks may be accepted from known customers of if tendered in certified funds or cashier’s check. We are considering ecommerce and credit card transaction providers but are proceeding slowly, wishing to find service providers as immune to hacking and customer data theft as possible. We recognize that this superabundance of caution may not propitiate everyone’s Inner Gods of Immediate Gratification, but endeavor to make up for it with customer service worthy of the Age of Online Ordering.
Tax & Shipping
Additional Taxes: We collect North Carolina sales taxes. The tax rate for Mecklenburg County is 7.25%.
All of our books are expertly packed and shipped fully insured. Shipping and insurance is free for all items. Items will be sent via standard U.S. Postal Service, or UPS services and will require a signature on receipt. If you have a preferred carrier please let us know. We ship worldwide.
US delivery times are usually 2 - 3 working days. Delivery times overseas are approximately 7 - 10 working days. Current security measures, and seasonal shipping volumes may make for longer transit times.
Urgent deliveries can be arranged on a separate basis. We will be happy to supply you with an estimate of costs.
All books may be returned subject to our receiving a telephone call, email or other acknowledged notification from you within 7 working days of receipt. We will advise you on the best method of return and would ask that the item is returned to us, carefully packed to arrive in the same condition that you received it.
Refunds are limited to the original purchase price and include initial delivery costs.
Libraries and institutions may arrange deferred billing on request.
All items remain the property of Henry Bemis Books until payment is made in full.